Thursday, September 15, 2016

A D-day

I'd like to say that I don't wake up every morning feeling sad.....that would be a lie. If it weren't for having to be an adult, I don't know if I'd even get out bed most morning. Some are easier than others but honestly, lately that's been rare.

I was the girlfriend who stole his clothes.....I liked wearing his t- shirts and hoodies that smelled like him. Yup, 15 years old again and it was awesome. He loved it....thought it was cute and would offer to re-wear the shirt if it stopped smelling like him.

He went away for a week with his son ( so happy this happened) and the first day he was gone I asked if I could steal another hoodie cause the one I had didn't smell anymore. I don't know if it was him or I who suggested using one of his pillows for the week but I did steal that too. His response to that was " if you were away, I'd come steal your duvet to sleep with while you were gone." Yes, my grown 41 yr old boyfriend would have wanted to sleep with my smell because he missed me that much.

So I still have the t- shirts and hoodies and on the day it happened I was able to take another one. To be honest if I could, I'd have them all. And his duvet and his pillows.

So back to the mornings.....I usually know what kind of morning it feels like within 5-10 min. Some mornings, most mornings all I want to do is wear one of those shirts ( and I usually do). I call those days, Dan days.

Today is a Dan day.......


xo
barney

No comments:

Post a Comment