I just read a line on a different blog post
" I feel so lucky that _____ happened to me "
Holy shit. For some reason that resonated so hard with me today.
I am so lucky that Dan happened to me,
I got to be the woman he chose to talk to, text and see every day for 3 mths. Me. Only me.
He " saw " me. The real me. The authentic genuine me and he chose to love her. He chose to wake up every morning and text me " good morning beautiful". He chose to call me whenever he was on the road for work. He chose me to be around his children. He chose me to spend his spare time with. To share his dreams. His goals. His insecurities and doubts. His pain. His joy. His funny as fuck sense of humour. His body. His kisses. His hugs. His life. His heart. His love.
And I absolutely know he would say the same about me. He was the one I chose. Everyday, To share my fears. My trust issues. My dreams. My magic. My body. My kisses and hugs. My children. My heart and my love.
We chose each other over and over again for 3 months and I feel we'd still be choosing each other now. I know I would be.
How amazing and beautiful is that? Some people never get to experience what we did. Some people don't find their " person" in this lifetime.
I did. He did. It took us waaaay too long to find each other and absolutely not enough time after. But we still had it. He carries that with him wherever he is and I get to carry it with me for the rest of my life.
So fucking incredibly grateful that " he happened to me". That " we happened to each other"
I love you donkey butt....thanks for helping to send that one line for me to read today. I needed it.
xo
barney
No comments:
Post a Comment